How did your child do for his or her CA 1? Does he or she need effective teaching and guidance to help him or her for the mid-year exams? Our English programme is fun, engaging and effective. Most of our pupils have done very well in their CA 1, with several of them topping their classes in school. Sign up fast as we have limited slots available and we will not be starting new classes. Here are our popular classes
Sec 3 Monday class 7.30pm- 4 places left
Sec 3 Saturday class 2.30pm – 1 place left
Sec 4 Saturday class 11am- full
Sec 4 Monday class 6pm- 4 places left
Pri 5 Monday class 4 pm- 2 places left
Pri 6 Tuesday class 6pm- 4 places left
Please call or text us at 8214603 for more information. You can also visit our website www.Mckaylan.com for class schedules and rates.
Pupils often struggle to write an interesting narrative.
- They can’t develop a good plot.
- Their plot is too simple.
- They don’t adhere to the theme given.
- They don’t produce an intriguing introduction.
- They don’t provide enough details to engage the reader.
- They don’t know how to create suspense and tension in their stories.
- They don’t know how to describe the emotions felt by the characters in the story.
- They don’t include vivid descriptive details or dialogues.
I equip my pupils with the various narrative skills to write well.
They will learn how to
- write intriguing introductions
- plan a pleasing plot
- show don’t tell
- create suspense in their stories
- create a protagonist that the reader can relate to and empathise with.
- use vivid vocabulary and a variety of sentence structures.
- use dialogues to advance their stories and enliven their compositions.
- edit their work with a checklist.
In addition, pupils are often exposed to good models of writing and interesting phrases to enliven their compositions.